And some days, I feel myself teeter on the edge of anxiety.
Right now, I just feel so content.
Maybe things aren’t perfect, but right now, in this life, I have said everything I’ve wished to say. I’ve said my peace, and stood up for things, and fought for what I believe in.
I can think of things I’ve done that I’m proud of, and I don’t know if I’ve given myself the credit I deserve sometimes. I spend my life tearing myself to peaces—I’m over touchy feel, so people must find me annoying, I talk to much, I don’t look classically pretty.
But in this life, I have stood up for other people, I’ve stood up for what I believe in. I’ve been generous, and kind to others. I listen to other people when they talk about their problems. Sometimes I don’t have advice for them, as most of the time it is not advice they need. It is just an ear. A someone to ask questions, and get them to think through their own problems through every response—maybe I’m not perfect at this, but I feel like I have been that person for some. Be that friend. Take the time to listen.
Pay attention to the little things. Ask more questions than you answer. Listening to someone talk about themselves is more interesting than listening to yourself talk about you.
Believe in the person that you are, and just stop tearing yourself down. Try to look for the good things.
Why do I see all the bad things everyone else sees about you when we’re like this? And why can’t I see them all the time?
- period: WAKE UP ASSHOLE, YOU GOT CRAMPS.
- period: How bout an entire chocolate cake for breakfast?
- period: How's that back pain? Feeling better? Let's fix that.
- period: Find a cookie as big as a house and eat it.
- period: See a male specimen of any kind. Instantly horny.
- period: Where's your Tic Tac box filled with ibuprofen?
- period: Got things to do? Don't care. Sleep.
- period: See a female specimen of any kind. Instantly horny.
- period: For dinner you're eating an entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- period: Breeze blows by. Instantly horny.
- period: You didn't like those brand new underwear right?
- period: Yell at a puppy.
- period: Close eyes and wait for repeat tomorrow.
You know that moment when you’re reading a book and you just have to stop and bite your lip and squeal or sigh or close your eyes and wrinkle your nose and forehead and press the book against your heart and just like sit there and try to soak up the gorgeous literature via osmosis?
That’s my favorite part of reading.